Monday, March 31, 2014

The BEST marinara sauce.


So I made this sauce two nights ago for the spaghetti I made, I had quite a bit extra and it was so good I wanted to try it on pizza, so I made this paleo pizza crust, it was great, and incredibly easy:
http://paleospirit.com/2014/paleo-pizza-crust-recipe/ . Then added my sauce and topped with mushrooms, red bell pepper, grilled chicken breast and basil (and cheese for the kids).  This sauce is amazing and so versatile, I should also add that the kids had meatball subs last night with it, they might be getting sick of Italian, or maybe not ;). This sauce is great, and I am sure would freeze great as well!

1 sweet onion small dice.
1/4  cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. tomato paste
2 28 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes (preferably organic in a BPA free can)
5 cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp. dried Italian spices
1 cup parsley (stems ok)
Sea Salt
Fresh Black Pepper (both to taste)
3/4 cup white wine
Basil

Heat a skillet to medium high and add the onion, sautee until soft and translucent
Add the rest of the ingredients except the wine to a high powered blender or food processor and puree. When the onions are done add the wine wine and allow to cook down a few minutes then add the pureed sauce and simmer for at least 40 minutes. At the end mince your basil and add cooking another 3 minutes or so.

That's it! I hope you'll like this sauce and find a million other uses for it (You could also brown some ground beef prior to the oil and onions and then set aside and add in later for a yummy meat sauce if you don't want to use it as marinara sauce. This would also be delicious for just dipping some paleo bread into!


No comments:

Post a Comment