Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Coconutty.



This is by far my favorite smoothie, it's more like dessert and would probably be fantastic with some protein powder post-workout. It's also a bit of a pain due to trying to open the thai coconut (which I make my husband do, because I literally cannot do it). This is a complete copycat recipe of my favorite smoothie from Thrive in Seattle. Seeing that I have to pay the toll, pay to park and then pay $12 for the smoothie and the bridge is closed 50% of the time these days anyway, I needed to figure out a way to make it myself; and I did. Here it is.

1 Thai coconut hacked (PCC and Whole Foods have them, they're $1 cheaper at PCC, so I get mine there) Use all the coconut water and all the meat, scoop out with a spoon.
1 pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt
1/2 cup Cashews
4-5 pitted and softened metajool dates (I soak mine in boiling water for a few minutes)
5 or so ice cubes

Throw all into the Vitamix and blend until creamy. You could add raw cacao, I've added spinach, almond butter or cinnamon would be good; there are lots of ways you could spice this up but I like mine plain Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment